THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Least Favourite Film Genre

Go down 
5 posters

What is your least favourite film genre?
Horror/Thriller
Least Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap20%Least Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 20% [ 1 ]
Action
Least Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap0%Least Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Fantasy
 0% [ 0 ]
Comedy
 20% [ 1 ]
Romance
 0% [ 0 ]
Drama
 0% [ 0 ]
Children/Family
 20% [ 1 ]
Anime
 0% [ 0 ]
Documentary/Biography
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Least Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap40%Least Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Least Favourite Film Genre Empty
PostSubject: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:07 am

So to go with the favourite film genre poll... what is your LEAST favourite genre and why? What can you not stand to watch even if someone paid you a million dollars?

This one was a bit harder for me, as it's not so cut and dry as the favourites. Personally I'm not a huge chick flick fan in general, although I do enjoy the occasional heart swelling cute romance story. Only certain types of comedy interest me (maybe my sense of humour is lacking? lmao) and long-winded boring dramas tend to send my off into fairy-land. Generally speaking there isn't really anything I cannot stand to watch except certain types of comedy, and honestly I'd rather watch Anime or Documentaries than those, so I had to pick comedy. (But I do love other types of comedy... really I do!)
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:46 am

lol Party pooper! Razz

Nah hehe. I'm not really huge on comedies, either. It was a REALLY tough choice, though! Laughing I just have a thing against some kinds of Anime...the really childish kind...I like Pokemon and certain films, but yuck...

I just had to vote Children's. I just cannot stand those corny uber-cheesy kid films. geek

I mean...SOME are okay...but generally? Hell no!!!
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:26 am

Awww... Disney and Pixar have got to be exceptions to that rule though, surely? I love Disney films, and things like Toy Story and Finding Nemo. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:33 am

lol That's cute Laughing Yeah...SOME Disney and Pixar...SOME...is okay...hehehe...

I didn't like Toy Story...I was too old when it came out... Twisted Evil

Mwahahahahaha!
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:37 am

Old fogey that you are...

*runs off giggling*
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:40 am

You...just....called me an old fogey!!! Laughing lmfao
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:46 am

Yup!

*smirks, looking rather pleased with herself, keeping well away from his reach*
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:47 am

I'll just call you...little squirt or young whippersnapper, then! Laughing Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:54 am

Ahh but you prefer that I was young and pert or old and grumpy? Huh? Huh?

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:43 am

lmfao I prefer young and pert.... Wink Hehehe... Least Favourite Film Genre 99939
Back to top Go down
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:22 am

I voted 'other.'

My least favourite genre of film is probably the typical 'Western.'

The male and female stereotypes perpetuated in Westerns are just flat out disgraceful to me, and while there have been a couple of movies recently that have started to subjugate that (Brokeback Mountain comes to mind)... they still perpetuate a lot of really negative stereotypes and themes.

Plus I don't like the music, setting, and general idea that if you are wronged, you go out and shoot someone, because that's just the way it is.

Seems pointless to me. confused
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:57 am

Moonvoice wrote:
I voted 'other.'

My least favourite genre of film is probably the typical 'Western.'

The male and female stereotypes perpetuated in Westerns are just flat out disgraceful to me, and while there have been a couple of movies recently that have started to subjugate that (Brokeback Mountain comes to mind)... they still perpetuate a lot of really negative stereotypes and themes.

Plus I don't like the music, setting, and general idea that if you are wronged, you go out and shoot someone, because that's just the way it is.

Seems pointless to me. confused

Ditto to all of that....

You always manage to beat me Moonvoice!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:55 pm

I would be ME...that had to vote totally differently here...hahaha

I do not like scary movies...I am such a great big "fraidy cat"...I remember watching Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds"..when I was a small child at the drive-in with my Mom...it scared the living hell out of me...to this day...I get scared when I see large flocks of birds close to me...I know that I am safe...but the hair on the back of my neck will stand up every time...I must admit...it freaks me out!!

I have tried to watch some of the other movies...my husband is a big horror fan...but then I am walking around the house..all hours of the night...turning on the lights...looking under the bed...closing the closet doors...

I am not afraid of the dark..per-say...just what might be in the dark...give me animation and the funny side of life, a big bowl of popcorn...and I am set... lol!
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:18 am

Moonvoice wrote:
I voted 'other.' My least favourite genre of film is probably the typical 'Western.'

Man I wish there were more than 10 options for these polls! lmao. I also couldn't fit the war genre in there... and probably a few others that I can't think of. Rolling Eyes

I used to love westerns when I was a kid - the old style cowboys and indians ones - and one of my favourite films is still 'Young Guns' Embarassed lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Least Favourite Film Genre   Least Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Least Favourite Film Genre
Page 1 of 1