THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Film Genre

Go down 
+4
Moonvoice
Chiblue
Mad Jack
Rae'ya
8 posters

What is your favourite film genre?
Horror/Thriller
Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap13%Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Action
 13% [ 1 ]
Fantasy
Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap25%Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Comedy
 13% [ 1 ]
Romance
Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap0%Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Drama
 0% [ 0 ]
Children/Family
 0% [ 0 ]
Anime
 0% [ 0 ]
Documentary/Biography
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
Favourite Film Genre Vote_lcap38%Favourite Film Genre Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Favourite Film Genre Empty
PostSubject: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:55 pm

So... pretty self explanatory there... Very Happy

Go on... vote in the poll and then pop a post here to let us all know what your favourite genre of film is and why...

Personally I'm an enormous horror fan. The scarier and gorier the better Twisted Evil.

After that I love a good action flick, or big sweeping fantasy/medieval/swords and sandals type films.
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:11 am

Actually, you're a rather thin horror fan...but I forgive you... Laughing

It was a difficult toss-up between horror and fantasy here. Rolling Eyes I LOVE this poll...in fact, I love polls period.

I really just don't have a whole lot of interest in typical action films unless it involves amazing aircraft, robots, monsters or something atypical. albino
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:57 am

I had to vote "comedy"...laughter is a wonderful medicine they say...and I have to agree...to me there is nothing better than a movie that makes me laugh so hard...that I cry...snort...almost pee my pants...laughter like this is so refreshing... jocolor

I also enjoy fantasy movies... Very Happy

Great poll, Rea'ya!
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:08 am

That's so true, Chiblue! It's just incredible how much better you feel after a good laugh. I never say no to a good comedy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:12 am

Ah see I love some types of comedy, but there are others that I just HATE! Generally I like Aussie and British comedies and satire, but I don't like crude teenage-boy American comedies. Comedy is a tricky genre for me, because I like it in general, but most of my all time hated films are comedies...

*runs out really quick before they start throwing rotten fruit at her*
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:41 am

lol Yes, I know what you mean! I cannot STAND Adam Sandler movies! Rolling Eyes I have tried for years to force myself to like him...and some of his movies have some really great moments...but ye gods he irritates me!

Eddie Murphy makes me laugh in just about anything.

I like the ridiculous slapstick kind of comedy, too...The Three Stooges really get me. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 6:21 am

I voted 'other.'

I'm a huge fan of musicals, particularly classics like Singin' in the Rain, though I don't really mind Moulin Rouge and other contemporaries too.

I also really like indie films, like Stealing Beauty, Amelie (which is kind of a romance) and The City of Lost Children.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 am

I too had to vote other.

I can name films from nearly each of those genres that I love.

Pretty easily pleased I suppose! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Asphodel Fields

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:31 am

I voted action. I really am just a person that loves to see the cars going fast and blowing up and stuff that isn't anything like what I see day to day.

I love sci fi and fantasy films too. The special effects sometimes really just mesmerize me ... I love to get lost in a movie. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aleia
Aleia

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:07 am

I voted for fantasy. I just get lost in these type of films and I'm a die hard sci fi fan Very Happy I love movies about time travel, other dimensions, and of course Star Trek lol!
Back to top Go down
http://aleia-journey.blogspot.com/
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:01 pm

I too voted other because I like movies across the board. No one gnere 'speaks' to me. Like my music, I take them individually. I'm a big fan of some bollywood movies, indie movies and 'world' movies.

As for horror, I'm not into blood and gore at all. To me 'horror' implies something that might actually happen. The horror is in the possibility of it. Give me Alfred Hitchcock anytime! I'm also a fan of Hammer House of Horror (though technically, they don't fit my definition Smile ).

With comedy, I tend to agree, give me British movies anytime! Though I make an exception for Gene Wilder. He's an amazing man. I do like some Aussie movies, but there've been some flops too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Film Genre   Favourite Film Genre Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Film Genre
Page 1 of 1