THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crafters: What is your crafting style?

Go down 
4 posters

What is your crafting style? (you can tick more than one)
Embroidery
Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_lcap17%Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Dressmaking or Quilting
Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_lcap0%Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Knitting, Crochet or Lacemaking
Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_lcap0%Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Scrapbooking or Card Making
Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_lcap50%Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Quilling or other Papercrafts
 0% [ 0 ]
Cabinetry, Woodwork or Marquetry
Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_lcap17%Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Stained Glass
 0% [ 0 ]
Jewellery or Beading
Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_lcap16%Crafters: What is your crafting style? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 1 ]
Food based crafts
 0% [ 0 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Crafters: What is your crafting style? Empty
PostSubject: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:52 am

So for those of us who express ourselves with crafts and handmade projects... what is your crafting style? What do you craft? How do you do it? What inspires you?

No matter how serious or casual you are about it, let us know what your crafty passion is and how you go about expressing it. You can chose multiple options in this poll, so let loose and spill the beans.

Eek I need many many more options for this one... forgive me if there's something I couldn't squeeze in here!

Me... I cross stitch mostly, and I prefer larger pictures (especially animals and fantasy) rather than scenes or samplers. Other than that I do know some other embroidery stitches as well as dressmaking and knitting, but I don't do it often enough to be very good at it. I potter around with scrapbooking and cardmaking, and although it's something I intend to build up over the years, for now I'm starting slowly. Really slowly. lol.
Back to top Go down
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:59 pm

I am learning how to scrapbook...it is something that I am really new at...but I am enjoying it immensely!

I also crochet, embroidery, and sew...although not as often as I used to...

I love to cook and bake and enjoy canning and gardening too...I am presently learning about herbs...how to grow them, preserve them, and a better understanding of their natural healing properties.

Interesting poll, Rae'ya!! flower
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 am

I had to go for scrap booking too. I do cross stitch and knit - I make stuff and like to get really messy (who doesn't love salt dough?!).

However, at the moment, it's scrap booking I'm doing regularly as I'm scrapping my BoS.
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:26 am

Remember you can tick more than one option in these polls guys! So no need to stick to just one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:27 am

doh - that's what you get for answering polls after staying up all night!

need some Sleep
Back to top Go down
Asphodel Fields

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:05 am

I love to make jewelry. Very Happy Mostly with wire links and gemstones, but I have done a few things with beading thread, and a few other techinques.

I also really love to work with wood. I'm not all that great with a wood burner yet, but I am getting there little by little. I mostly build though ... my front porch and many other wee projects here and there. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Hehehe Asphodel, I'm glad I squeezed the woodworking option in there now! Very Happy

I've just got a wood-burner but I haven't had a chance to start experimenting with it yet. Rolling Eyes I've messed around with some jewelry making too as my mum and sister were quite serious about it for a while, but I always had other projects on the go. lol. Plus I've got a stack of scrapbooking that is waiting to be done... not enough hours in the day. lmfao
Back to top Go down
Asphodel Fields

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 9:00 pm

I'm glad you included it too! Very Happy It is really a lot of fun for me, but thank all that is good for the speed square (without which a 2 x 4 would never be cut straight by me)

We are going to have to post some of our experiments. Very Happy

I love to do wood burning, but have been too scared to move away from what I already know how to do with them Embarassed I want to learn shading and fine lines. My hands shake pretty bad some days, but I think I can do it ... (just need to get up the courage to try)

Well, now I think I am going to go ahead and try LOL

I'd love to see some of your jewelry!

*HUGS* Rae'ya! There really just aren't enough hours in the day.

flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crafters: What is your crafting style?   Crafters: What is your crafting style? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crafters: What is your crafting style?
Page 1 of 1