THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artists: What is your arting style?

Go down 
4 posters

What is your arting style? (you can tick more than one)
Drawing
Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_lcap38%Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
Painting
Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_lcap25%Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_rcap
 25% [ 2 ]
Digital Art
Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_lcap13%Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Graphic Art
Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_lcap0%Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Design or Technical
Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_lcap0%Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Web Design
 0% [ 0 ]
Sculpture
 0% [ 0 ]
Other 3D art forms
 0% [ 0 ]
Tattoo
Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_lcap13%Artists: What is your arting style? Vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Other
 13% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Artists: What is your arting style? Empty
PostSubject: Artists: What is your arting style?   Artists: What is your arting style? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:37 am

So for those of us who express ourselves through a visual art medium... what is your arting style? What media do you use? What inspires you? Do you take commissions or is it purely a personal pursuit?

No matter how casual or serious you are about it, let us know what your art passion is and how you go about expressing it. You can chose multiple options in this poll so let loose and spill the beans!

Eek, I want to put Graffiti Art on there too but I only get 10 options. Sorry guys.

Me... I draw and paint. I do a lot of sketches in graphite pencil and I also LOVE pastel pencils. I paint in both acrylic and oils, although not as often as I draw. I've also dabbled with watercolour, conte, charcoal, coloured pencil, ink and a few others I can't think of right now... lol. I draw/paint animals mostly, with various sketches of random things I feel like at the time. I aim to produce realistic type images rather than abstract or stylised, but I do enjoy looking at other styles just as much. I'm in the middle of my first commission, but I don't consider myself a professional artist by any stretch of the imagination. I don't take my art anywhere near as seriously as I should Rolling Eyes and admittedly it does take a backburner to other things. lol

Last edited by on Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Artists: What is your arting style?   Artists: What is your arting style? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:05 am

*Bangs on the desk rhythmically* Post up your work...post up your work...post up your work...

Laughing

Seriously! You can't be modding this thread, ma'am, unless your work is displayed!!! HARUMPH! Twisted Evil lol

Nah...J/K...it'd be nice, though. Wink

I chose drawing...my usual thing is just plain old pen and paper. I will sometimes break out the charcoal or the colored pencils, but usually it's just pen. I paint RARELY...never really found a paint that meshed with me.

I hate having to fool with cleaning brushes, too. Rolling Eyes

I sculpt in clay and I make art dolls (well, used to). I like to make random costumes and things. I just love to do it all. Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Asphodel Fields

Female
Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Artists: What is your arting style?   Artists: What is your arting style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:11 am

I love to draw and paint LOL

Drawings are with a lovely HB pencil, and my preference for paint is special watercolors.

I haven't drawn anything really significant since High School, just a few things here and there over the last year really. Not sure what tore me away, but I am slowly going back to it. Very Happy

I am trying to learn caligraphy as well. It is a LOT harder for the lefty than I thought it would be (lots of smears so far No ) but I am sure I'll get there on this one too. LOL
Back to top Go down
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Artists: What is your arting style?   Artists: What is your arting style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 12:22 am

For me...my digital photgraphy is a passion....if I am outside...you can bet that I have my camera with me...while I do this purely for myself...I find a peacefulness in the landscapes, lakes, rivers and rock outcroppings that seem to draw my attention to them...

After beginning my courses in herbs, I have found a new love of plant life...all plants...I have always loved them...but sometimes, I do not think that I really stopped and noticed them like I do now....I see so much in nature that I used to miss...not intentionally but I know that I just did not see like I do now... Laughing

I also like to express myself with a couple of tatoos...I have 3 and all are very personal to me and done especially for me...although, I do not see me getting anymore..ever...I still appreciate the reasoning behind them being there...they are a part of who I am. Artists: What is your arting style? 99939

Hugs
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Artists: What is your arting style?   Artists: What is your arting style? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:44 pm

OMG I just realised I hadn't put photography on the poll! Shocked

*slaps self on wrist*

Watercolours is something I want to do some more work with. I really love the effect a talented watercolourist can achieve, but it's just so HARD! lmao. Or maybe just because it's so different from the media I DO work with *shrugs* I LOVE the work of Stephanie Pui-Mun Law - her watercolours are just breathtaking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artists: What is your arting style?   Artists: What is your arting style? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artists: What is your arting style?
Page 1 of 1