THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Writers: What is your writing style?

Go down 
4 posters

What is your writing style? (you can tick more than one)
Novel
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap18%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Children's stories
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap6%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Prose
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap6%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Poetry
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap12%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Non-fiction
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap12%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 2 ]
Technical articles
 12% [ 2 ]
Biography
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap0%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Journal/blog
Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_lcap18%Writers: What is your writing style? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Religious/spiritual
 6% [ 1 ]
Other
 12% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Writers: What is your writing style? Empty
PostSubject: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:16 am

So for those of us who express ourselves with the written word... what is your writing style? What do you write? How do you write it? What do you take as your inspiration? Are you published?

No matter how serious or casual you are about it, let us know what your writing passion is and how you go about expressing it. You can chose multiple options in this poll, so let loose and spill the beans.

Me... I write novel style - mostly fantasy and medieval themes, but I have dabbled a bit with science-fiction. I write mostly for my own enjoyment, because I love to create worlds and weave a story and characters together. I have several separate novels on the go, but there are only two that I am serious about at the moment. One of them is written in collaboration with a friend of mine, which has been an interesting and rewarding challenge! One day I hope to be published, but it isn't something that is necessarily a big goal for me. At the end of the day I do it because I enjoy it, and I think I'd be quite happy to keep plodding along that way. lol

Other than that I do some essays and technical type articles, although I'm not published and I don't do as much now as I did going through school and TAFE. It's something that I keep up intermittently though and actually quite enjoy Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 1:25 am

I write novels, poetry and journals / blogs.

I'm not published but I would love to be.
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:10 pm

I picked journal/blog, non-fiction and other. I've written a few adult fantasy stories in the past. I would love to write a book in the future and have it published, but what on earth about?
Back to top Go down
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 6:40 am

I voted everything except 'biography.'

I am a published poet and short-story writer, in several journals throughout Australia. I've also had non-fiction articles and a few interviews published as well.

I've completed a few novels but so far I don't feel they are ready for publication, and as some of you know I have my pagan / shamanism website where I publish non-fiction articles.

It's been a while since I've been paid for my writing, and I've lost a bit of the urge to write. But writing is a very lovely buzz for me, and getting paid for it is even better.

Novel writing is my primary love. I've actually just come up with a new story idea over the past few days for a fantasy novel, and I'm letting it percolate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 8:43 pm

Moonvoice wrote:
Novel writing is my primary love. I've actually just come up with a new story idea over the past few days for a fantasy novel, and I'm letting it percolate.

Percolate, heh? I like that. I'm one of those who tosses an idea around in my head for a few hours, then has to suddenly scribble it all down on something. I'll hash over the same idea or the same conversation a few times, and end up with a collection of papers and scraps of plotline floating around. I actually prefer to write on the computer because I type faster than I handwrite, but I like to scribble half formed ideas down by hand. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 29, 2008 1:16 am

The problem for me is I'll come up with a good idea for a novel, but its pretty much a 2-3 paragraph outline and then its all done. I have no idea how I'd ever spin anything out to make a whole book!

I did write a play for voices once, which was set in the future about crime and punishment, which an acting teacher was impressed with. I'm sort of a fan of radio plays Smile

I would like to write a book of short essays more than a novel. And I have 3 ideas for non-fiction books I'd like to do one day, its just being arsed to sit down and do it. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writers: What is your writing style?   Writers: What is your writing style? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writers: What is your writing style?
Page 1 of 1