THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Terminal Insomnia

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Terminal Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Terminal Insomnia   Terminal Insomnia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:37 am

I've had terminal insomnia for about 4 years now. I hate it dearly. Along with waking up at 3.00am every morning, sometimes I just won't be able to get back to sleep again, or I'll wake up an hour later, only to not be able to fall asleep at all.

This is known as terminal (morning, or 'end of the night') insomnia. It is most common in people with depression and anxiety.

Along with it, comes the obligatory irritability, and the general feeling of crapness. A lot of people stay up late, but not as many wake up ridiculously early. I have generally no problems falling asleep at night time, but I do have problems staying asleep.

It is a very lonely time of day, basically. When the whole house is still asleep, the sun hasn't risen, and you're left with a horrible, sweaty, irritable, exhausted-but-unable-to-sleep feeling.

I used to do gardening before my knee was put out of commission.

Now I just read or play Nintendo DS.

But it haunts me. Annoys me to no end, really.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Terminal Insomnia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Terminal Insomnia   Terminal Insomnia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:35 pm

*HUGS*

I've never heard of it. Embarassed I'm glad to always learn something new. I know 'of' it, but not the term.

I can imagine that it would drive you batty in itself. What a time to wake up, too.

I can't really fall soundly asleep until about 4am most nights. Then again, I sometimes wake up at 4am...but not chronically.

I remember in that film 'The Haunting' Catherine Zeta Jones made a comment about insomnia breeding the strangest moments of inspiration and creativity. It's actually true for some. I have drawn some interesting shit at odd hours.

If nothing has helped the insomnia, though...then I suppose there comes a point that you accept that it will probably just be that way? It's so much more complicated than appears...but I think that it's good that you do find things to keep yourself occupied until the rest of the world wakes up. *HUGS*
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com

Terminal Insomnia
Page 1 of 1