THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you cope when they don't?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

How do you cope when they don't? Empty
PostSubject: How do you cope when they don't?   How do you cope when they don't? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 6:11 pm

How do you cope when they don't cope?

This has been brought up by very recent events for me and I wondered what happens for the rest of you.

My mother, with her not coping, has led to her having the least communicative relationship with me. I can go weeks without speaking to her and when I do - I need to keep it on a very superficial level. Speaking to my mother drains me.

My OH, as I've said before occasionally has a 'paddy' when he loses track of me - we fall out because he can't see what I need or how things affect me. Things are usually mended though quite quickly. However, this does create terrific arguments on occasions.

What happens for you?
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

How do you cope when they don't? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you cope when they don't?   How do you cope when they don't? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2008 7:19 pm

Good topic.

I suppose that I have the fortune of being completely cut off from my family because of my illness. The only people who even care are my brother and my grandparents. As for the rest, I just say that it's their loss. If I were to judge myself (which I have done in the past) on the basis of the way that my family thinks of me...then I would think myself a pile of worthless shit to be honest. I just say that I know the good that I am capable of and anyone who wants to experience the love that I have to give is welcome to it. I am an affectionate person and I believe that I am worthy of being surrounded by positive and affectionate people who appreciate and want what I have to give.
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com

How do you cope when they don't?
Page 1 of 1