THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Longest time without sleep?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Longest time without sleep? Empty
PostSubject: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:45 pm

What's the longest amount of time you've gone (voluntarily or otherwise) without sleep?

I think that the longest I have been without sleep was around 60 hours.

It was completely involuntary and caused primarily by fear and paranoia.

Anyone else care to share?
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Wow, that's about right, hun. Mine was about that, too, and around three days...and for similar reasons! It's strange. I was thinking about how users of crystal meth can often go so long without sleeping...and it's interesting that a psychotic episode can have similar effects, too. I'm curious to hear what anyone else has done, too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:07 pm

For me, I think that the longest period of time that I was not able to sleep was about 2 1/2-3 days....I often go 24 hours without sleep....and it often comes in cycles for me...an average of 5-8 days a month I seem to have this inability to sleep...I have attempted to try OTC sleep meds...but do not like the crappy feel when I wake up...plus given my history with medications....I don't do well with them either...

An average nights sleep for me is 5-6 hours....unless, I am having the reverse cycle whereby, my depression or whatever has kicked in and I find myself sleeping 12-14 hours a day....this does not happen alot but averages 1-2 nights a month...

Wish a person could store up sleep for when we are unable to get it naturally...wouldn't that be a blessing??? lol!

Last edited by on Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:29 pm

For me it was 50 hours, completely voluntary. I'd just got the internet and stayed up 50 hours straight. Slept for 9 was up another 30 then had to go to an all-day acting workshop. I vowed never again! lol

I did go through a stage where I found it extremely difficult to go to sleep because I was convinced I was going to die in my sleep. That went on for a few weeks and I think it was only sheer exhaustion that finally brought my sanity back on that issue.
Back to top Go down
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:55 pm

Justme...

I remember a time when I could not sleep because I thought that I would not ever wake up...or die in my sleep...it scared the living hell out of me....I think that the exhaustion also made me finally realize that I wasn't gonna be able to prevent it....

I also loose track of time when I am on the internet..I will be posting right along and look up at the clock and I have lost 4-5 hours in what seemed like a few minutes.. lol!

Now-a-days, though, the strain on my eyes would never allow more than....awww...12-14 hours at a time without some rest...I start looking like the Visine commercials...LOL Laughing

Love and Hugs
Back to top Go down
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:58 am

Dethas wrote:
What's the longest amount of time you've gone (voluntarily or otherwise) without sleep?

I think that the longest I have been without sleep was around 60 hours.

It was completely involuntary and caused primarily by fear and paranoia.

Anyone else care to share?

Deliberate sleep deprivation for shamanism - a round 48 hours.

But otherwise, because of flashbacks and hypervigilance, I've gone about 70. Which was the upper end of my endurance, and I became physically ill for some weeks after that (eventually developing a serious case of bronchial pneumonia).

I've also been tortured into staying awake for extended periods. I still feel that food and water deprivation are nothing compared to serious sleep deprivation.

But all of them suck.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longest time without sleep?   Longest time without sleep? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longest time without sleep?
Page 1 of 1