THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hi

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
red-dragon
Noob
Noob

Male
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-16

hi Empty
PostSubject: hi   hi Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 6:24 pm

hi

im posting in this part because i find it hard to sleep at night and it can be tough at times when you have to work in the morning. it really gets to me. i dont know what to do at times and got no one to turn to
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/browe1973
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi   hi Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:21 am

Hi, Red-Dragon. I know that sometimes it's hard to know what to do when there really is no one to talk to or ask. I really hope that you've come to the right place.

One of the hardest things that I find about trying to get to sleep is not being able to turn my mind off at night.

There are a few things that you can try (outside of medication):

~The scent of lavender is EXCELLENT for inducing sleepiness. If you can find a lavender-scented candle, potpourri or air freshener and spread the scent around the room just before bedtime, this could help drastically.

~Eating red kidney beans a good hour or two before bedtime can help you to rest.

~Drink a warm cup of milk about fifteen minutes before bedtime.

~Stay away from tea, coffee and soft drinks at least an hour before you turn in.

~Take a warm bath or shower and then get straight into bed. Sometimes, just changing your bed sheets can give you a comforting feeling that often helps to relax you into sleep.

~Try tensing the muscles in one body part at a time and then slowly relaxing them. Do that for your entire body until you start to feel sleepy.

These are only a few suggestions that have actually worked for me in the past! I'm sure others have some more, but for now...I hope at least one helps you!
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi   hi Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:44 pm

Great suggestions Mad Jack.

There are also studies showing links between tobacco use and sleep patterns.

Have a nose at the links above and the articles I've posted. There are some great suggestions there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hi Empty
PostSubject: Re: hi   hi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hi
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: The Reactive Mind :: Sleep & Insomnia-
Jump to: