THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you do?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deirdre

Female
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-01-11

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: What do you do?   What do you do? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 4:35 pm

So here's a question....
What do you do when after you've had friends who are concerned about your eating habits, you decide to take an online test. You post your contact information and receive a call from a treatment center who tells you that based on your answers to the questions, you should really consider talking to someone professionally?

I know that I eat alot. I also exercise alot. I didn't consider it a serious problem though, until people started talking to me about it. Too, there are other things that I do, but I was quite stunned to realize that you don't have to be underweight to have an ED.

Weird.

I still don't know how I'll handle it; it's sort of on the back burner for the moment as I do have other issues to deal with, and this seems to not at all be life-threatening. Still it's an issue I'll need to deal with.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deesigned.net
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2008 5:28 pm

Hello Deidre, thank you for your post.

Could you please explain a little further about your eating habits?
Are they out of control?
Do you eat even when you're not hungry?
Do you eat food you do not like the taste of?

How do you feel about the exercise you do?
Do you do it out of guilt, because of the food you have eaten?

There are so many definitions of eating disorders today, but it's all tied up with the emotions surrounding the food.

Only by examining them would I be able to give you a clearer answer to your original question!

Dethas
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 7:11 am

OK the cynic in me just sat up. A treatment centre called and suggested you see a professional? And I suppose they had just the person for you to speak to?

Sorry, but when an org runs something like that, you can bet just about every answer imaginable is going to say you could do with their services. Sounds like an excuse to get clients in the door to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What do you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you do?   What do you do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: The Nature of The Beast :: Eating Disorders-
Jump to: