THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dreams...Do you keep a journal?

Go down 
+2
Mad Jack
Chiblue
6 posters

Do you keep a journal of your dreams?
yes
Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_lcap40%Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
no
Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_lcap60%Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
I am planning to
Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_lcap0%Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I have no interest in that
Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_lcap0%Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Empty
PostSubject: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 12:55 am

For the past several months...when I can sleep...when I dream...I keep a pad and pencil beside my bed and write down the things that I can remember about my dreams...I find that if I do not do it immediately upon waking up...I forget details...

So, I was wondering if anyone else does this?

Sometimes, I can just remember a few things..sometimes nothing but a feeling, a smell...but I write it down...it is interesting to go back over what I have dreamed about...

There are other times when I can not remember anything...but I always try.. Very Happy

How about you?
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 1:36 am

As always, another superb post!!

I keep a Book of Mirrors as a kinda-sorta dream journal (although I have not recorded my dreams for a long time). It's good to look back on some of them and laugh or think wtf hehe. Then some I try to dissect for meaning. It's at least interesting to see what you were dreaming at a particular point in your life...and almost always, in hindsight, they make a lot of sense and are full or relative symbolism.
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:18 am

I rarely remember anything of my dreams, not even vague flashes. The only time I remember anything is if I am sleeping badly, which thankfully isn't very often. I don't keep a dream journal, although I've heard from lots of sources that it's a good thing to be doing. I tried for a little while a few years back, but I found that it disrupted my sleep more because if I remember flashes it's because I've woken up during the night, and so writing it down means that I am then fully awake and can't get back to sleep. So I gave up. lol
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 3:07 pm

Yes I do - and it needs updating, thanks for the reminder Chi..

I bought a special book for the purpose when I realised that I have rather strange dreams and I could possibly learn from them.
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:12 pm

Nope. Haven't kept one in years. I've been interpreting my own dreams for just on 2 decades now, and I do it when I get up. My dreams have become so weird lately, that I don't even bother anymore.

Well, they're weird when they aren't dreams of me waiting in line to use the toilet in a publci place - which is just my mind letting me know my bladder's full. I usually wake up in the middle of this one and for some reason, its always time to get up anyway.
Back to top Go down
Aleia
Aleia

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 4:37 pm

No I don't keep a dream journal but it certainly would be a good idea to start one Very Happy

Love and Hugs
Aleia
Back to top Go down
http://aleia-journey.blogspot.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dreams...Do you keep a journal?   Dreams...Do you keep a journal? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dreams...Do you keep a journal?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: The Reactive Mind :: Sleep & Insomnia-
Jump to: