THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Issue with water

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Issue with water Empty
PostSubject: Issue with water   Issue with water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:36 am

OK, I might be the only one who has this, but does anybody else develop an almost phobia of water as their depression sets in? I will go for weeks without a shower if I could and I won't drink water. I will go an entire day and drink nothing if water is the only choice. Today I went for 7 hours without drinking anything until lunch time when I had cordial. I can have water in things, just can't bring myself to drink it plain. I did end up in the afternoon drinking about the equivalent of a glass - thats in a 4 hour period. As soon as I get home, its get stuck straight into the coke zero time.

So, does anyone else go through this or am I the only one?
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Issue with water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue with water   Issue with water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:46 am

Oooh now that's interesting! *HUGS* I really hate to hear it, though.

I can't say that I've ever had a real 'phobia' or irrational fear of water when I'm depressed, although I can't take baths (but I can take showers) because it feels smothering.

Maybe others have this problem as well?
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262

Issue with water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue with water   Issue with water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:54 am

fraid not - although I can think of other fears and behaviours I develop when I'm really low - but they're quite complex to explain and hark back to my childhood.
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

Issue with water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue with water   Issue with water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 4:54 am

Its not so much that I'm afraid of water, I just won't go near it. I can't explain why, I don't know myself. I can look at water and when I do take a shower I'm ok, no panic attack, I just won't go near it.
Back to top Go down
melba

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Issue with water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue with water   Issue with water Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 5:16 am

I don't really have a phobia of water...

but, when I get at my lowest time of depression, I can't get motivated to shower...

But for me, thats more of a self-worth, self-image thing...

Mel
xxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Issue with water Empty
PostSubject: Re: Issue with water   Issue with water Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Issue with water
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: The Nature of The Beast :: Anxiety Disorders-
Jump to: