THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

They make it hard...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-01-11

They make it hard... Empty
PostSubject: They make it hard...   They make it hard... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 5:49 am

Today I lodged the forms for getting Disability Support Pension. I didn't have my interview or anything, and it was still a harrowing, horrible process.

I specifically asked the lady if I could have one of the spare rooms to just be 'alone' from the other people, and these rooms weren't being used, and she said no. I consequently ended up in tears later from the exposure to all the other people and my high sensitivity in those situations.

Ugh.

Seriously, if it wasn't for the fact that I want to move out, I would never apply for disability.

Absolutely nothing about it is in favour of people with mental disabilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: They make it hard...   They make it hard... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:35 am

Put in a letter of complaint! Don't let them get away with it. I know exactly what those offices are like. I've had to get similar payments (just not having to look for work while on new start for 6 months) and though I haven't been through any drama in doing so, just having to turn up was bad enough, especially when I was well under way. I force myself out of the house about 8.30 am just so there wouldn't be too many people when I got there.

Please please write a letter of complaint.
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: They make it hard...   They make it hard... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:41 pm

That's infuriating. *HUGS*

You're right. I hate the way (in all countries, apparently) that people with mental disabilities are taken less seriously. Now I wonder if they would have afforded you a seat to sit in had you had one leg and were standing on crutches? I bet they would have. But no...ask for something that they can't 'get' in their tiny ignorant brains that pertains to emotional/mental needs...and you don't get any special treatment.

It's the same at the unemployment offices here. The expressions on their faces usually say it all, anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: They make it hard...   They make it hard... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:53 pm

I am so glad that you have made the first move toward getting your Disability, Moonvoice...congrats.

However the way that you were treated is appalling!!!

Makes ya just want to bang their head on their desk tops!!!

I am soooo sorry that you were treated so poorly....BIG HUGS...

I do think that you have every right to file a complaint....I would send a letter instead of trying to go back and deal with them face-to-face though...

I am wishing you the very best with this endeavor...

Please keep us updated with your progress!!! Very Happy

Love and hugs
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: They make it hard...   They make it hard... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:03 am

Love to you Moonvoice, well done on starting the ball rolling.

I hate the way institutions like this treat people with mental issues - they make it ten times harder to achieve even the simplest of things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: They make it hard...   They make it hard... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

They make it hard...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: The Reactive Mind :: Disability Issues-
Jump to: