THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reporting Child Abuse

Go down 
+2
melba
justme
6 posters
AuthorMessage
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Reporting Child Abuse Empty
PostSubject: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:37 am

I've come across a case of child abuse at work and I've decided to report it. I'm disgusted that in Queensland its not mandatory for child care workers to report it. Well, hang the career, a child's safety is involved. This is a child who scoffs himself senseless at lunch time because he may not get any dinner that night. On the weekend, because he wouldn't come to the car when his mother called him, she took off and just left him in the park. He was almost run over and when she went back, she took off her thong (flip flop) and whacked him with it. There's other things I don't know about. But I'm not going to just sit back and do nothing.
Back to top Go down
melba

Female
Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 4:09 am

Well done you!!

It really upsets me when people just sit back and watch in situations like this. The way I see it, if one more person reports something, then SS have a chance to stop it happenening.

Well done for not being ignorant to it.

Much Love and Hugs

Mel
xxx
Back to top Go down
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:12 am

I totally think you're doing the right thing, Justme.

*hugs*

I sometimes think that my whole life could have been turned around if one of the people who had noticed what was happening to me (including, a school nurse and one doctor) had actually *done* something about it. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:43 am

Don't you wish you could confront those people and make them have to face the consequences of the actions they chose (that is, to do nothing)? I'd love to confront all those who knew what was happening with me, but I have no idea where they are now or even how many there were.
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:06 pm

*HUGS* This is a truly admirable and wonderful thing that you're doing, Justme. Too often these things do go unreported...and many a child will suffer because of a failure to act. Bless you.
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Oh, yes....Justme...I am so glad that you are going to report this behavior...no child should have to live with abuse...too many of us have had lifelong repercussions because of it.

And too many turn a blind eye...not seeming to be bothered if it does not affect them directly .....another major problem with society for far too long.
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:27 am

I can't report it til Tuesday. I tried the after hours number and got 'please call back'. I was on a close tonight when she picked him up. She made a big show of wanting a hug and telling him she loved him and ooh, she's cooking spag bol for dinner! I think she was meaning it while she was doing it (the love bit) but it was also done for my benefit. She doesn't know I'm going to complain of course, but she likes to put on a bit of a show it seems. Will keep you all updated.
Back to top Go down
Rae'ya
Rae'ya

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 7:56 pm

Definitely let us know how it turns out, Justme! I second everything the others have said too. Bravo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reporting Child Abuse   Reporting Child Abuse Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reporting Child Abuse
Page 1 of 1