THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Working

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Working Empty
PostSubject: Working   Working Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:11 am

Most years when my SAD hits, I'm unable to work for about 2 months - try explaining that at interviews! Last year I was unable to work at all for about 4 months and this year looks like its going to be even longer.

Trying to develop a career I love is definitely an uphill battle.
Back to top Go down
Moonvoice
Mover
Mover
Moonvoice

Female
Number of posts : 49

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:52 pm

It might be worth looking at ways you can have a career from home, or alternatively the kind of career where you can call your own hours (like a psychologist, alternative health worker, Reiki practicioner etc.) and still be able to take those two months off.

*hugs*
Back to top Go down
http://www.wildspeak.com/
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:38 pm

Funny you should say that. I'm studying counselling at the moment and will be doing reiki on the weekend Smile
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 11:57 pm

*HUGS*

I am trying so hard right now to go to work. Crying or Very sad It's just...exhausting mentally. I don't have to do much, but gods it just kills me and what energy I have left. The noise in there...that doesn't make sense when you try and explain it, but it adds too much to my brain and it's not unusual to trigger me into a aural episode. Sad My SW all but told me I should just give up trying to get on full disability, so I just do what I can.
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:33 am

I know exactly what you mean about the noise! I can't stand loud music or noise either. Whenever the kids at work get too roudy, I start to quiet them down, usually with a story which they will all sit quietly to. I just find when its too loud, I can't breathe. Its like it causes claustrophobia for my thoughts and getting it quiet means I can think and therefore, breathe again.
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 3:25 am

I haven't worked for 3 years now.

When I had the breakdown I was incapable of working - and I would say it's taken me this long to be 'functioning' in a societal setting for two days out of 7. I have no idea when those 2 days will fall either.

I have DLA (disability Living allowance) guarenteed until 2012. This also entitles me to incapacity income, and to my carer to receive carers allowance and income support.
It sounds alot, but it adds up to not alot at all to live on.

I'm very luckuy having a healthy husband who can pay the mortgage. Without him earning - I'd be in a tiny flat somewhere in council tenant land and probably going even more crazy.
Back to top Go down
Aleia
Aleia

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:03 am

I haven't been able to work since last April because of having Fibromyalgia. I'm at present on Incapacity Benefit and am just wondering if I could apply for Disability Living Allowance. My mobility is really bad. I can't go into town by myself because of the pain and the what I call brain fog. I'm attending a Condition Management Programme run by Job Centre Plus and the NHS.

I really miss working. I miss the girls at work and the laughs we had. I guess I don't miss getting up at 5.30am though lol. I also feel a little guilty that my husband has to go to work and I'm still in my bed.

My husband helps me a lot even though he works full time, and he helps care for his mum too since she was widowed last March. I count my blessings to have such an understanding family Very Happy

Love and Hugs
Aleia
Back to top Go down
http://aleia-journey.blogspot.com/
Dethas

Female

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 2:30 am

Aleia wrote:
I haven't been able to work since last April because of having Fibromyalgia. I'm at present on Incapacity Benefit and am just wondering if I could apply for Disability Living Allowance.

Love and Hugs
Aleia

Aleia, you ARE entitled disability living allowance. Get the forms, and get them quick cuz you're missing out!

and, when you do have the forms, give me a yell and I'll help you with the trickier bits of them - they can be real pigs to fill out. I'll have some real gems of advice for you over the dla forms.
Back to top Go down
Aleia
Aleia

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 12:44 pm

Thank You so much Dethas I will phone for forms tomorrow. The IB form was a horror to fill out but thankfully I met the threshold if Incapacity without a medical exam.

I will pm you when I get the forms

Love and Hugs
Aleia
Back to top Go down
http://aleia-journey.blogspot.com/
Dethas

Female

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 6:14 pm

If you've met the incapacity threshold, you're much more likely to reach the DdLA requirements.

But, with these forms, alot of it is in the wording, and believe me it's tricky.

However, I've watched CAB and social workers fill it out - and they've told me the way to do to foolproof capacity - so I should be able to pass to you!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Working Empty
PostSubject: Re: Working   Working Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Working
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: The Reactive Mind :: The Outside World-
Jump to: