THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just a little about Justme

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Just a little about Justme Empty
PostSubject: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 2:25 am

Hi,

I have Seasonal Affective Disorder which can be quite a problem in winter for me, because that's when I slip into my downside. Its a mood disorder, kind of the little sister of bipolar. So imagine your mood changes are pretty regular, manic in summer and depressed in winter - each year, every year and you've pretty much got S.A.D.

Some doctors won't even acknowledge it exists, but I have to tell you from where I sit, its pretty damn real! 3 years ago I moved to another part of the country, which is subtropical. You'd think that would help, but it didn't. I slowly get worse each year and where I live, there's nobody who knows a whole lot about the disorder because its not really an issue for people here. I did have one shrink diagnose it as biological, which helps a little when people tell me I should just pull my self together and get on with it!
So that's me.

Thanks for the forum and a place to chat about this stuff.

Just me.
Back to top Go down
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 5:54 am

Hi Justme I'm also new here (first post) and just wanted to say Hi, and wish you the best in this New Year.
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2008 6:39 pm

Welcome, Justme!

It's a terrible truth that many disorders, most of the time simply because they are harder to accept as 'real' as they affect the mind primarily, are dismissed as fictitious and/or a figment of the sufferer's imagination. Crying or Very sad

It's quite fair to say that until one has walked in the shoes of the sufferer they should not pass judgment as to the validity of the ailment. Professionals should ALWAYS be open to these things...but it's a sad reality that too many times they are not.

May you find companionship and a place to always speak freely here. Welcome and blessings to you!
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Aleia
Aleia

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi justme I'm new here too, and its nice to meet you Very Happy

Blessings
Aleia
Back to top Go down
http://aleia-journey.blogspot.com/
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 pm

Welcome to The Inner Realm, Justme... Very Happy

I am so glad that you are here!

It is really irritating when the medical/mental professional decide for us that what we suffer from does not seem to affect enough people to have a name for it..so therefore, it just can not BE as we have repeatedly told them it is...

This is a safe enviroment and completely confidential..nothing leaves this forum!!

Hope that we are able to provide you with a safe haven...

Looking forward to getting to know you better...come visit often.

Brightest Blessings
Back to top Go down
justme
Shaker
Shaker

Female
Number of posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:09 am

For all that will understand this, I'm Michelle A (aka Sage) from the other place.
Back to top Go down
Aleia
Aleia

Female
Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 9:05 am

Hi Michelle I had a strong feeling that it was you Very Happy

Love and Hugs
Aleia
Back to top Go down
http://aleia-journey.blogspot.com/
Chiblue
Chiblue

Female
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2008-01-15

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 2:07 pm

Michelle...Hun, it is so good to have you here...and I was wodering the same thing.. I love you

Love and Hugs, Hun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a little about Justme   Just a little about Justme Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a little about Justme
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: Introductions and Formalities :: New Members-
Jump to: