THE INNER REALM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE INNER REALM

Welcome to The Inner Realm, a community for those who bravely battle mental illness and the for the people who love them. PTSD, Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, Personality Disorders and practically any other disorder is covered here. All are welcome.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you have any recommendations?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

Do you have any recommendations? Empty
PostSubject: Do you have any recommendations?   Do you have any recommendations? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:54 pm

can you think of any texts that have helped you through the hard times?

Have they put things in perspective or taught you a new coping mechanism?

Would you recommend any particular author? Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
Mad Jack
Admin
Admin
Mad Jack

Male
Number of posts : 250
Registration date : 2008-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any recommendations?   Do you have any recommendations? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Good idea here, Dethas!

I have heard nothing but good things about the book 'The Secret'. It's one that I would love to get. I have been told that it's basically about the Law of Attraction.

A book that always got me through the bad times (for whatever reason!) was Victor Hugo's 'Les Miserables'. I love that book. I don't know...it just takes my mind completely off whatever I am feeling at the time. It makes you also appreciate the good in people. I tend to think of books that deal with hard times (especially of a historical nature) to be reassuring and reminding me that things could be much, much worse.
Back to top Go down
https://theinnerrealm.forumotion.com
Dethas

Female
Number of posts : 262
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any recommendations?   Do you have any recommendations? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2008 4:05 pm

I've never read 'les miserables' but I have the whole thing on tape, a gift that one of the teachers at high school gave to me on leaving.

The songs are so evocative and beautiful, it makes me cry - but in a good, purging way.

I haven't actually read 'The Secret' yet as so many people have told me it's a mix up of so many other texts I've read - but I might give it a go if I come across it on ebay or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you have any recommendations?   Do you have any recommendations? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you have any recommendations?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE INNER REALM :: Heal Thyself :: Books-
Jump to: